Surplus Computing Equipment

What is it?

Disposal of UT-owned surplus computing equipment is handled by ITS as of January 16th, 2024. All computer surplus service requests should include a completed, signed, and attached Computer Surplus Form (available for download on the right side of this page).

Items eligible for this service:

  • Desktop computers

  • Laptops

  • Tablets and other mobile devices

  • Removable/external storage devices (USB drives, external hard drives, compact discs, etc.)

  • Small peripherals such as monitors, keyboards, and personal printers can be included with a request to dispose of other computing equipment listed above.

Items NOT eligible for this service:

  • Furniture

  • Lab equipment

  • Smart boards, TVs, & other large displays.

  • Any other UT equipment not containing electronic data storage

All surplus UT property not eligible for the Surplus Computing Equipment process should be disposed of using via Surplus Property’s S1 form.

Who Is Eligible to Use It?

Faculty and staff.

Where Can I Get It?

Select the "Computer Surplus Form" attachment on the right side of this page to download the Computer Surplus Transaction Form.  Once filled out and signed, click the Request Service button on this page.  The completed PDF should be attached to the Service Request.

Request Service


Service ID: 53736
Wed 1/3/24 10:29 AM
Tue 3/12/24 10:02 AM